Monday, October 13, 2008

Not thankful for the Night Shift...

Here I sit at 0340 Monday morning. I am ti-r-ed!! Very tired tonight. As you can see, things have settled down at work and I have a bit of time to surf my favourite blogs. I missed out on a Thanksgiving dinner today with today with the inlaws. It's one of the hard things of being a shift worker. Most people are enjoying holidays and weekends while you are at work. Don't feel sorry for me though. I'm going to my Momma's tonight for some great turkey before heading back to work for another night shift.

Sad tonight that I didn't get to see the kids before coming in to work. It kind of sets me off on the wrong foot. It's funny because I SO enjoy my time to myself but I need my kid fix too! I miss not being able kiss them good-bye before I head into work and having them give me a great big hug. The words always follow, "I love you and I'm going to miss you".

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and gave their loved ones one extra kiss this year. We all have so much to be thankful for. I'm going to post a belated thankful post this week I think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

Glad you were looking forward to the turkey...hope it met your expectations!
Momma